Online Editions Archive
The following past issues and special supplements of OR/MS Today are available to the World Wide Web:
- The April issue of OR/MS Today looks at international Operations Research, from Canada to Sweden and beyond.
- The February issue of looks at how to thwart high-tech theft, use agent-based modeling in social science and teach sports O.R. in the classroom and examines the latest statistical analysis software survey.
- The December issue introduces readers to INFORMS President-elect Richard Larson, explores sense-and-respond operations in the military and features the fifth biennial forecasting software survey.
- The October issue features articles on emergency planning, historical perspectives of "selling" O.R. and more. Also, this issue brings the seventh edition of the Decision Analysis Software Survey.
- The August issue features articles in Innovative Operations Research Education covering topics like teaching Revenue Management in business schools and helping teens learn how to make better decisions using simple O.R. techniques.
- The June issue brings articles on predictive models, O.R. in sports and the challenges and opportunities of RFID. Also featured is a new edition of the Vehicle Routing Software Survey .
- The April issue brings the return of the Special International Issue. Learn about applied Operations Research solutions from Turkey, Germany, Sweden and Canada.
- The February issue continues the debate over the "Science of Better" marketing campaign; recalls the life and times of Andrew (Andy) Vazsonyi, and takes an O.R. approach to predicting the popular vote for the upcoming presidency.
- The December issue heralds the seventh addition of the Linear Programming Software Survey. Also featured: Altanta meeting awards; Life After Edelman, Part 2; and a look at the recently announced "Science of Better" marketing campaign.
- The October issue covers a variety of topics including: branding Operations Research, capturing the knowledge of a veteran workforce and forecasting with virtual stock markets.
- The August issue focuses on OR/MS education. Also featured is an update of the Simulation Software Survey.
- The June issue premieres our Supply Chain Management (SCM) Software Survey. Also featured is an article on how Operations Research helped win Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- The April issue features the annual International O.R. topic. Learn about applied operations research projects in Singapore, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand and other locales.
- Everyone has their eye on the February issue of OR/MS Today's Forecasting Software Survey. Find out which product is right for you! Other stories include data mining analytics, operational risk management in financial services, and March Madness returns.
- The December issue of OR/MS Today features an inspiring lecture from Secretary of the Air Force James G. Roche about the challenges facing military Operations Research. Other stories focus on demand forecasting, research productivity from business schools and the recent INFORMS meeting in San Jose.
- The October issue marks the 50th anniversary of Operations Research. This special issue recounts problems, solutions, anecdotes and achievements over the last 50 years, and beyond. Contributions by Saul I. Gass, Andrew Vazsonyi, Gene Woolsey, Sid Hess and more make this issue an extra special tribute.
- The August issue of OR/MS Today features stories on OR/MS education particularly teaching it to MBAs. Also featured is an update to the Spreadsheet Add-Ins for OR/MS Software Survey.
- Decision-makers face new dilemmas daily. If you are one of them, compare and contrast the different decision analysis software in the June issue of OR/MS Today. Also learn more about the successful ventures of Continental Airlines which recently won the coveted Edelman Award.
- April features another Special International Issue. Come explore the universal problems of operations researchers from around the globe.
- The February issue is focused on the transportation industry. The results for vehicle routing software survey are available as well as a closer look into revenue management. In addition we talked to President-elect Tom Cook about his new position as CEO of CALEB Technologies.
- The December issue's cover story raises questions about Sept. 11 and air safety. Also get to know Saul Gass, a pioneer of operations research, in a Q&A. With over 50 years experience in the field, Gass gives his perspectives on the past and for the coming years.
- The October issue features the Statistical Analysis Software Survey. It also takes a timely look at disruption management.
- August, the Back-to-School Special issue, highlights innovative education in Operations Research. Article Topics include: LP vs NLP, Online Exams, Decision Making, Shop Talk 101, Executive Ed and Course Correction. A Linear Programming Software Survey is also included in the issue with more than 45 products.
- The June issue of OR/MS Today highlights the recipients of the Franz Edelman Award Competition, recognized as a showcase for the very best applications of operations research/management science. Other topics include revenue management for the movie theater industry and the benefits of decision support systems.
- The April edition of OR/MS Today is the fourth Special International Issue. Feature stories cover diverse, international OR applications in economics, AIDS research, network optimization, airline crew-scheduling and more. The issue also includes a special section on the "keys to success" in international OR consulting.
- The February issue features stories on recent developments in HIV allocation, inventory replenishment systems and tournament modeling. In addition, a simulation software survey details the functions of products available in the industry.
- The December issue features articles on innovative OR/MS education and designing organizations.
- The October issue features stories on a variety of topics and includes the 2000 edition of the Decision Analysis Software Survey.
- The August issue focuses on OR applied to transportation science and features the 2000 edition of the Vehicle Routing Software Survey.
- The June issue features stories of applied OR in the corporate world. Executives interested in finding out more about INFORMS, operations research or this special issue should visit: www.informs.org/Executives.
- April's edition of OR/MS Today focuses on International OR. Stories cover applied OR work from Brazil, Israel, New Zealand and points beyond.
- February's issue focuses on Career Development. It also features the 2000 edition of the Forecasting Software Survey.
- December's issue focuses on OR applications in commercial aviation. Also, the 2000 OR/MS Today Resource Directory is online! Check out the latest edition of our listing of OR/MS related software, vendors and publishers.
- The October edition of OR/MS Today includes the 1999 edition of the Statistical Analysis Software Survey.
- August's issue covers diverse topics and includes the 1999 edition of the Linear Programming Software Survey.
- The June edition of OR/MS Today covers diverse topics such as data mining, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and resource allocation for ambulances and hospitals.
- The April issue focuses on OR around the world.
- The February issue features stories on organ transplant allocation, statistical sampling in the 2000 census and a tribute to Robert Engel Machol. Also online is the The 1999 Simulation Software Survey.
- The December issue features stories on applying transportation management software, trends in mathematical programming and OR that's shaking up the corporate world. Also online is the 1998 OR/MS Resource Directory our annual listings of software vendors, company profiles and consultants for the OR/MS community.
- The October issue features stories on the impact of global alliances within the airline industry, the history of OR in China and much more.
- The August issue features a story on the national organ transplantation policy , the 1998 Decision Analysis Software Survey, and much more.
- The June issue features Thomas Cook's keynote address from the recent COS/INFORMS meeting, the 1998 Nonlinear Programming Software Survey, and much more.
- The April issue features a story on making the switch from academia to the "real world" and a review of Frontier Analyst.
- February's issue deals with a variety of topics from health care to OR in India . Also in this issue, the 1998 Forecasting Software Survey and the 1995-97 Editorial Index.
- December 1996 -
features articles about the effect of operations research
on environmental concerns plus a
Software survey, providing a cross-referenceable
chart of products currently on the market.
- October 1996 - This
issue focuses on OR/MS education innovations.
- August 1996 -
OR/MS Today takes an OR approach to the
affirmative action debate.
- June 1996 - OR
Around the World - Focusing on business, health, and
society around the world, this issue features articles
covering operations research and management science in
Holland, China, Singapore, the U.K., Greece, Australia
- April 1996 -
OR/MS Today looks at intelligent manufacturing and
how it's changing the face of business today.
- February 1996 -
OR/MS Goes to Washington. The February issue takes a look
at public budgeting problems and solutions.
- December 1995 -
This issue focuses on computing trends applicable to the
- October 1995 -
the inaugural issue of OR/MS Today Online
Editions. Includes feature stories covering our linear
programming survey and a neural network approach to
analyzing college football ratings.
OR/MS Today Home Page
OR/MS Today copyright © 2005 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite220, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969
Web Site © Copyright 2005 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.